REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
Possums are the bestest. They aren’t nearly as destructive and troublesome as raccoons. Don’t hurt da possums.
I’m having a GIVEAWAY! Spring clean your rooms and decorate them with new artwork, and cool stickers. :) I’m giving away 2 packages! so I’ll be selecting two winners.
Package #1: Set of 3 5x7 postcards, 3 stickers, and a 1 inch button.
Package #2: Set of 2 5x7 postcards, 6 stickers, and 1 inch button.
All you need to do is reblog this post for a chance of winning these very packages! Giveaway ends May 22nd a month from now!!! ✎………….✉
People often think of fire as a destructive force, and it can be. But fire also rejuvenates the land. Many grasses have evolved root systems that survive fires so they can be renewed, and some trees and other plants have seeds that only germinate after a fire has come through. Plus fires clean out old dead wood and other debris, making it easier for fresh plant life to grow.
It’s like a picture of the tide coming in, somewhere in the Elemental Chaos.
actually true, in the redwood forest a while back there weren’t any new trees growing on the protected land and there were on the unprotected land. They later figured out that the pine cones things (i can’t remember what they’re officially called) only open up to release their seeds at extremely high temperatures, so now they do controlled burns to seed new redwood trees. Though tbh lets be real snow days are cool, fire days suck. seeing this but 20 feet higher race at you while you’re stuck in traffic on the high way and everyone panics and starts honking and trying to get away? sucks. Not being able to go outside because it’s raining ash? sucks. smelling the chemicals of burning houses even as you try and sleep in your own home and convince yourself youre safe? sucks. having nightmares about the city burning down for years after? sucks.
This is why when wildfires burn in a lot of areas instead of trying to just put out the fire, they try to contain it to a certain area. Let nature do its job, but make sure the fire doesn’t up and burn down Denver or something.
The farmers get out their tractors and plow up dirt lines and such, but they let the fires burn for exactly this purpose.
5.5” x 7.5” screen print
edition of 28
Right half of skull. Diet: Leaves, roots, fruits and animal material
Oxford University Museum of Natural History
LOOK AT THIS CAT
some more lil sketchbook scans